The greatest athletic performances spring from the mind, now not the body. Elite athletes have known this for many years and now science is studying why it’s true. In his interesting new book How Dangerous Do You Need It?, coach Matt Fitzgerald examines more than a dozen pivotal races to find the sudden techniques elite athletes reinforce their mental toughness.
Fitzgerald puts you into the heart beat-pounding action of more than a dozen epic races from running, cycling, triathlon, XTERRA, and rowing with thrilling race reports and revealing post-race interviews with the elites. Their very own words support what the analysis has found: robust mental fitness we could us means our true physical limits, giving us an edge over physically stronger competitors. Each and every chapter explores the how and why of an elite athlete’s transformative moment, revealing tough new psychobiological principles you’ll be able to apply to flex your individual mental fitness.
The new psychobiological model of staying power performance displays that crucial query in staying power sports is: how Dangerous do you wish to have it? Fitzgerald’s interesting book will ceaselessly modification the way you solution this query and display you how you can master the psychology of mind over muscle. These lessons will will let you chase away your limits and uncover your full attainable.
How Dangerous Do You Need It? finds new psychobiological findings together with:
- Mental toughness determines how shut you’ll be able to get for your physical restrict.
- Bracing yourself for a difficult race or workout can spice up performance by 15% or more.
- Champions have learned how you can give more of what they’ve.
- The handiest solution to strengthen performance is by altering the way you understand effort.
- Choking underneath pressure is a type of self-consciousness.
- Your perspective in day-to-day life is similar one you bring to sports.
- There’s no such thing as going as rapid as you’ll be able to―handiest going faster than before.
- The fastest racecourse is the only with the loudest spectators.
- Faith on your coaching is as vital as the educational itself.
Athletes featured in How Dangerous Do You Need It?: Sammy Wanjiru, Jenny Simpson, Greg LeMond, Siri Lindley, Willie Stewart, Cadel Evans, Nathan Cohen and Joe Sullivan, Paula Newby-Fraser, Ryan Vail, Thomas Voeckler, Ned Overend, Steve Prefontaine, and last of all John “The Penguin” Bingham
Frequently Bought Together
This item: How Bad Do You Want It?: Mastering the Psychology of Mind over Muscle$11.04